By the time I was finished layering all those paint colors onto just a few pieces of paper, their surfaces were rich and vibrant with a complex blending of shades and colors. They were irresistible to me!
I monoprinted a little Stacked Journaling on some, left the rest alone, and when they were dry, I tore them up into random shapes and sizes. Using transparent fluid medium, I began collaging them back together into four distinct but obviously related art pieces
(18" x 18")
The multiple layers of paint and medium began to give the surfaces of the papers a glossy sheen, like they'd been polished.
(8.5" x 11)
I finally gave up trying to layer more matte medium on top of them to knock back the shine and just embraced the leathery quality that was emerging.
(11" x 14")
Deciding to mount the pieces for display, and still wanting to test the limits of multi-purpose fabric, I cut 4 pieces of the fabric large enough to accommodate each collage, and using a 50/50 mixture of soft gel medium and fluid matte medium, I laminated the collages to the fabric.
(8.5" x 11")
I sandwiched all of them between two weighted-down plywood boards until they dried, and then trimmed away the excess fabric from around the edges.
I'm really finding this fabric to be very versatile and I can see myself ordering more of it when this roll is gone.