Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stir Crazy

I have to admit that I'm going a little batty without a studio to work in. I've brought my paints and brushes to my temporary digs but as it turns out, the space is really inappropriate for creating art; it's too small and I live in fear of spilling paint on the carpet or on my dining room table or chairs.

Still, a little painting can't hurt now and then, right? Right?? *crickets*

Well, sanity demands it, anyway. Here are some fun background papers I recently painted using cobbled-together stamps and my Gelli Plates.






6 comments:

Kathy said...

Background for you, maybe...completed pieces for some artists! Do you have a park or something nearby where you can fling paint freely just to cure the stir-crazy?

Quilt or Dye said...

No fear in these prints!

Cate Rose said...

Nice work, as always, Judy. Now you know how I live/work -- with almost no space to make art in, and no place else to go to do it. Keeps my work small, and keeps me from launching into big messy projects anymore.

Jeannie said...

Loverly! I too have limitations on what I can do indoors. That is why I have a long list of projects for warmer weather. I don't care if I spill dye or paint on the patio or lawn. By January, I am going nuts and always attempt to do messy work in my tiny back bath. Tripping over the litter box and bumping into walls, I end up spending more time cleaning up messes than creating! LOL! Hang in there, dream about your new studio and make lists of what you are going to create.

Martha Marshall said...

It's funny how that restless artist spirit just can't sit down and be quiet. Love these pieces!

Gina said...

Your stir craziness creates wonderful work, love these!