Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cosmic CS Collage

 
CS. NO.7, 2.23.10, 16" x 18"

Are the stars out tonight? Can you tell if it's cloudy or bright?

 
(detail)

These papers lend themselves to thoughts of the cosmos, and that's where I went this week. Yes, in my universe, some planets are oval-shaped.   

As usual, this collage was created using NatGeo magazine pages "melted" with CitraSolv Concentrate. If you'd like to know how it was done, you can check the most recent issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors, or go to this post of mine and scroll down about halfway.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful piece. That song was my wedding song - love it.

Quilt or Dye said...

Earth is pear shaped so I see no reason why planets can't be oval.

elle said...

Gosh, thought you were putting photos down. Looks like real cosmics to me! 8^)

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It's fabulous! I even think you've got some aliens in the upper left part.

Lyric said...

love the texture and intrigue of the CS papers.
thanks for sharing your work with us!

Gisela Towner said...

I'm so glad that I clicked for a closer view -- great piece!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Judi these images are mesmerizing...the cosmos is so inspirational and you have done it justice. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

I came to you from Gayle Pritchard's blog...I have a small blof about my journey at htt://maryhelenfernandezstewart.blogspot.com
come on over for a visit!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Awesome ... the papers are great and the colours and composition are wonderful. I'm drawn to the planets too for some reason ... I did a project on Mars

Diane said...

Thank you for this and the links--this is wonderful!!

Molly B. said...

Can you tell me where you purchased the citra solv? I have look locally and can't find it, and don't really want to order from the USA.